Thursday, April 21, 2016

Self Portrait

It's always most uncomfortable for a photographer being the other side of the lens, but also so important to know what it feels like.  I live by stepping outside my comfort zone with my lifestyle so it's about time I applied that to photography so I'll be doing a series of self portraits until I feel good doing them, if that will ever happen! A friend actually inspired me to do this one, encouraging me to get in front of the camera, plus I had a new backdrop I need to experiment with for an upcoming shoot.  It's mostly natural lighting, shot in my apartment in Las Vegas, but I did use a little fill in flash with a diffuser.  I also had a black reflector to the side to create a little depth to the picture which is the shadow you see on the right side.  I was going for a seventies feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)